The National Endowment for the Arts has proven that children who participate in the arts are more likely to excel academically and develop positive skills and behaviors. In addition, more than 14 million school age children (25percent) are on their own after school. Among them are more than 40,000 kindergartners. (After school Alliance, 2004) . ART Inc offers an array of arts education classes during those crucial after school hours.
The 45,000 sq. ft. former Greeley school building sits near downtown Peoria in the North Valley community. This community has a large population of African Americans and Latinos. We offer PAY WHAT YOU CAN arts education programs to youth. The most crucial hours for youth are immediately after school. ART Inc is filling that gap for as many students as possible, specifically minorities, and with your help those numbers will increase.
With your help, we will be able to accomplish the Goals & Strategies ART Inc has established, unlocking a world of opportunity, allowing us to:
- Provide superior quality arts education programs
- Build capacity and serve more prospective students and families
- Grow our staff to support additional programming
- Provide arts education for everyone through Pay What You Can classes
- Attract and retain highly qualified staff and faculty